Thursday, March 25, 2010

David Frum fired from AEI

A few posts down, I wrote about the conservative defeat on health care reform. I posted an update with a link to a conservative being interviewed on MSNBC, David Frum. He pointed out that the Republican strategy to not negotiate with Obama backfired.

Well, David Frum just got fired from the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think-tank. That didn't surprise me. What did surprise me was this article by another conservative:

"Since, he [Frum] is no longer affiliated with AEI, I feel free to say publicly something he told me in private a few months ago. He asked if I had noticed any comments by AEI "scholars" on the subject of health care reform. I said no and he said that was because they had been ordered not to speak to the media because they agreed with too much of what Obama was trying to do."

I guess I've been wondering a lot lately what part of the Republican opposition was driven by policy, and what part was politics. This makes me think its 95% politics. Which is really, really sad.

No comments: