Sunday, December 18, 2005

Whew

Finals are finally over...they were nasty (particularly physical chemistry). I have confirmed As in all of my classes right now, except for evolution. Its going to be either an A- or an A. I think its crap at IU that you can get penalized for an A- but you do not benefit from an A+. If that was not the case, I'd have two 4.0 semesters (including this one). Purdue doesn't give plusses or minuses; that would be great for me, considering I have many more A-'s than I have B+'s.

Iraqi elections - went astoundingly well. There were even reports that Sunni insurgent groups were protecting polling stations in Anbar from public enemy #1 - Al Qaeda in Iraq. Iyad Allawi was the head of Iraq's transitional government a year or so ago. He ran in this election on a secular (non religious) platform that has both Shiite and Sunni participants. I really hope he did well this time around. Shying away from a religious or Shiite-dominated government would be the best thing for unifying the country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then why don't you transfer????