Sunday, January 06, 2008

My nightmare.

Literally, I had it last night:

Obama lost the New Hampshire primary to Hillary because all of the independents voted for McCain and not Barack. I was quite agitated when I woke up, but then I realized the NH primary is still a couple of days away.

The bad news is that this scenario is not unrealistic. Both McCain and Obama rely heavily on independents to win. If the independent vote was split, Barack may be the loser (it would also hurt McCain, but I don't think Romney is as much of a threat to him in NH as HRC is to Obama).

If Barack loses in NH, Hillary will steamroll over him to get the nomination. Her performance in the debate last night eases my concerns to some extent, however. She seemed angry and extremely aggressive. Maybe she should be; but it was almost uncomfortable to watch her.

On a related note, think about how angry and vicious a Clinton vs Guliani 2008 election would be. It makes me shudder to think about it.

No comments: